Friday, November 25, 2011

It's Okay Friday

This idea was taken from my friend Ayzlynn, who writes one of these every Friday. The idea is sort of a "confessions" type, but also is a good reminder that we are okay just the way we are. So here we go.

It's okay....

... that I don't blog for six months and then decide to post something.

... that I got very emotional while watching The Hunger Games trailer.

... that my favorite pregnancy food has been frozen Hostess chocolate cupcakes. Gross most of the time, but I could eat them non-stop right now.

... that Stephen suggested the new baby could sleep under the stairs so he would grow up to be the next Harry Potter and I actually considered it for a second.

... that I cried after getting an unexpected bill in the mail.

... that I am a bit sad that all my Christmas shopping is done. Next year I need to leave a little bit for the actual time in between Thanksgiving and Christmas so it doesn't seem so anti-climatic.

... that I am finally taking down the window decals I had up for Halloween. (In my defense, they were pumpkins and spiders- that could seem Thanksgiving-y, right?)

...that I have decided my little family needs more Thanksgiving traditions next year. I mean, eating a big meal is great and all, but I need to think up something a little more than that.

...that I worked really hard to make a special dish for the Thanksgiving meal, and everyone was more interested in turkey, mashed potatoes and stuffing that they didn't even want to try what I had brought, so I had a whole pan left.

... that I plan on eating above mentioned whole pan even if I have to do it myself.

... that I am more excited to visit my family on Christmas than I can express!

I really like the idea of "It's Okay Friday," and hope you do too. Stay tuned for an overhaul of the blog, and a post about WHY I was gone from the interwebs for six months. Remember that no matter what- you are okay!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! You are totally right - we are okay just the way we are! Lets PLEASE make a date right now to see Hunger Games opening weekend together! It's March so Baby Beck #2 should be ok to leave for 2 hours right? Sushi and Hunger Games! P.S. I totally feel you on the bill, I cry over those danged things all the time. I also had to delete my first post on your blog and try again because I had a spelling error! The shame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about Thanksgiving traditions. I remember seeing in a movie once that the family did a cute little talent show on Thanksgiving - showcasing any talent (music, art, even a reading from a fav book) or something they could be proud of. I like the idea a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried a new kind of pie with my family this year. It got rave reviews from half of them, the other half tactfully didn't say anything and made sure to avoid it when they went back for seconds. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! I have a subscription to Glamour and they always have a page like this. It is my favorite thing to read.

    ReplyDelete