Sunday, April 10, 2011

Don't let that inner child slip away.

Besides clothing and video games, my husband really didn't have a lot of material items that he brought to our home together when we were married.

However, he was sure to bring this:
He can still sing all the words to the theme song.

 His TMNT pillowcase is threadbare, and probably 20 years old, but he loves it, and insists on putting it on our bed as much as possible.
I think it's cute. I like the reminder of childhood. 
Do you have anything that reminds you of your childhood? How do you keep your inner child around?

5 comments:

  1. Aaron has a SpongeBob shirt that he wears all the time. It is getting so faded and ratty but he loves it. What's up with that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this blue "mexican blanket" or at least that's what I call it, because my dad bought it in Mexico. It's like blue plaid and it was my safety blanket when I was a kid and my imagination would run wild, thinking that witches were going to get me if they saw me, so I would hid under the blanket and it kept me safe. HA! Oh and when we lived in KS I had all my Bryer model horses up and my ribbons from my horseshows. There isn't room in this house for those items.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dress up for the dress up days at my school. Hippie day, Christmas, etc. And my watch has flames on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a mickey mouse that I've owned since I can remember. I rubbed all the white off his eyes, so they're completely black now. And the stitching came apart so many times (and my mom sewed it up so many times) that his hands and feet are little stumps now. My husband wants me to throw it away, but I just can't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a two-foot tall spider-man shaped pillow. Kathy doesn't give me any grief about throwing it away, but she does seem to conveniently let it fall behind the couch, out of sight.

    ReplyDelete