Saturday, March 26, 2011

In Case of Zombie Apocalypse

A while ago, my friend Kelly and I were discussing how we needed to get physically fit. 
"I don't need to be super-fit," she said, "Just fit enough to outrun a zombie."
Via




I thought this was smart and I heartily agreed. I don't plan on running a marathon, but I need to be strong enough to last if I was in mortal danger (from zombies, bears, tea partiers, etc.).

Yesterday I went to my first high-intensity workout class since before Baby was born. 

Today I can't move. 

So, in case of Zombie Apocalypse, you might want to leave me behind.


**UPDATE: Stephen insists that I need to clarify what kind of Zombies, since apparently they all have different strengths (he claims there are three types: Dawn of the Dead, Resident Evil, or Left for Dead), and some of them are faster than other. I was referring to the fast-moving-want-to-eat-my-brains type.**

5 comments:

  1. I refuse to admit anything but the slow-moving, lower brain functions only type are possible, even in fiction. It's the only way I sleep at night. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, good thing you clarified that. I was confused. Way to exercise! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That reminds me of Robin Mclelland...I think I totally spelled her name wrong...but she would always talk about zombies and one day at BYU we had an entire dance class dedicated to self defense in case of a zombie attack. It could happen you know :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, as long as you can outrun one person in your group, you're good to go.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I prefer the heavily armed and defended method, as i really hate running.

    ReplyDelete